Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tonight was the most beautiful night, ever.

Too beautiful to be described in just a few paragraphs with my limited writing skills, but I'll try. Just so that moment won't be forgotten.



I'll have to add that you won't fully understand what I'd be trying to say in the following paragraphs unless you've been to the greater heights of 大帽山 in Hongkong on a chilly winter night at 11:20 till midnight.



Before that, I present to you 唯一 by 王力宏.

The song that's been in my head for the entire day. Suits the mood perfectly.


唯一 - 王力宏



It was pitch dark everywhere and thick shrubs were the only living things around us, other than a few others at the bottom near three or four dimly lit lamps. The harsh chilly wind was blowing across our faces, It was only my uncle, my dad, my mom and I.


Amazingly, there wasn't a single thread of fear in me even though I could not exactly see what was ahead. I'm surprised, actually. I would have screamed my head off in this total darkness normally, but I didn't. I did hold onto my dad for warmth initially, after having a good rest on the car on the journey up the mountain. The cold air actually filled in the the empty spaces around me but I got used to it eventually and truly enjoyed the panaromic view below us.

I wasn't afraid of the cold then, and my mind was simply at a state of calamity and nothing else. I was given some personal space on the journey up (fell asleep afterwards) on the car and smoothed out alot of thoughts in my mind. My parents were shivering away though, and I've my dad to thank for keeping me warm when I first stepped out of the car:



What I saw was what you'd really call 灯火通明. On our left was tsuen wan, where we stay. On our right was shen zhen. Both cities was dotted with bright white and yellow lighting, and even the tallest and most colourful building lined with streams of fluroscent lighting in Tsuen Wan looked so tiny.

I was wrong about the thick shrubs and dense vegetation being the only living things, for there were crickets chirping too. My dad took a leak in the complete darkness, I tried fumbling around for the camera flash for a picture of this moment but it was too dark for me to see!

I'm still amazed that wasn't afraid at all, really. Its unusal for a person who's afraid to bathe at midnight with everybody in bed. Took a few photos using the night landscape mode, and it was unable to capture even a tenth of the beauty. The stars above us seemed to be within our reach, as if they'll fall into my arms any moment.




My uncle then drove us down to the field where my parents took their wedding shot. It got abit scary there cause the wind was blowing directly into my ear and beyond the fencing was something that looked like...a valley or something. I took a photo there and I'll show them to you tomorrow.


It felt so calm, something I'd never forget. We got back into the car after my parents couldn't take the cold any longer. On the way down, the headlights were the only source of light guiding our way down the narrow road with trees all around. We got to a dead end eventually.

As my uncle and his trusty BMW drove backwards (I don't know the term), I saw light beneath some shrubs and it looked as if it came out of a fairytale! Oh, I went to a male toilet at the foot of the hill cause I was afraid to go alone, what an interesting experience!






Feels as if I was blessed with this beautiful night, with my clear state of mind, the chilly weather and the bright lights beneath us that makes the cities and the villages.

Never felt calmer in my entire life (till now, at least). If I have the chance, I'd bring my future boyfriend up here for our honeymoon! That'll be many years later but that place is too romantic to be forgotten, and it HAS to be the winter complete with the freezing air.




Thankyou for reading, and I'm thankful for tonight.

(and the day, I went up the cable car with some of my relatives and I'll write about those tomorrow or the day after)



Goodnight, its 1:08 am

No comments: